JC's Fondue Savoyarde
With Autumn well and truly setting in, it's time to dust off your fondue pot and warm up with this fun and delicious fondue recipe! A classic recipe from the snowy French Alps, this is a fun dinner to enjoy with your bubble.
We have this cheese pack available just for this recipe, watch JC show you how it's done!
FONDUE SAVOYARDE (SERVES 6 GUESTS)
Dry white wine, 900ml
Corn starch, 2g
Garlic clove, 1 whole
Grated nutmeg, 1g
Freshly ground pepper, 4 turns
Cauliflower and brocolli, 1 head each (optional)
Day-old baguette or similar
Salt (if needed!)
Kirsch (optional but it does make the difference!) 2tps
- Remove the rind from the cheeses and cut (or grate) each cheese into small cubes. Cut the bread into bite-sized pieces. Cut to cauliflower and broccoli into medium size chunks and blanch
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the garlic clove and then add the white wine (reserving a small glass). Place this over a low heat.
- Add the cheese a handful at a time and stir until it melts. Add the corn starch to the small glass of white wine, mix together and add to the fondue pot. Stir in a figure of eight pattern until you have a smooth, creamy fondue.
- Add the Kirsch if you have some. The fondue should resemble a thick sauce: if it is too thick, add a little more warmed white wine. If is too thin, add more cheese or corn starch mixed with white wine.
- Remove the fondue pot from the heat and add the pepper, nutmeg and salt. Place the fondue pot on a hot plate or burner on the table to serve. Stir often to keep the fondue smooth.
- Spear the bread or the vegetables on to fondue forks, dip into the fondue and enjoy!