Ch du Tertre
Standing on a hillock or “Tertre” from which it takes its name, Chateau du Tertre presents its beautiful domain. Highest point of the Margaux district, the chateau overlooks 80 hectares, of which 52 hectares of vineyards. In 1855, Chateau du Tertre was classified as a “Grand Cru Classe” of the appellation Margaux which made it gain world-wide acclaim.
Eric Albada Jelgersma, owner since 1997, has provided the investments needed for the restoration of the chateau, the cellars, and the re-organization of the vineyards, thus combining innovation with tradition. As a result, the wines of Chateau du Tertre, as well as the chateau itself, have been restored to their former glory.