Located in the Margaux appellation of the Medoc, Chateau Palmer is a classified growth of the 1855 classification. The estate took the name of Chateau Palmer, when Charles Palmer, an English Major General in the army of the Duke of Wellington, acquired it and gave it his name. The Pereire brothers, big entrepreneurs and bankers acquired it in 1853 and they raise Chateau Palmer to the rank of one of the most prestigious Margaux wines. In 1937 a consortium of 4 families involved in the Bordeaux wines trade, acquired the Chateau, still owned by the descendants of 2 of these families: the Sichel and Malher-Besse families.
Chateau Palmer whose pedigree architecture is a hallmark of its superb produce is an undisputed star of the prestigious Margaux Appellation. The unusual combination of grape varieties – as much Merlot as Cabernet Sauvignon and a significant amount of Petit Verdot – gives Chateau Palmer a bouquet of extraordinary complexity. The Palmer vineyards cover 66 hectares in the commune of Cantenac.