Ch Lynch Moussas
The history of the Château dates back to 1610 when the Domaine de Moussas-Bages belonged to the Jehan family, wine merchant and owner of several estates. In 1728, the Domaine de Moussas-Bages was bought by the Drouillard family. In 1748, Thomas Lynch, inherited by his wife, Elisabeth Drouillard, from the Estate which he renamed Château Lynch. In 1779, Jean-Baptiste Lynch, Mayor of the city of Bordeaux in 1808, Count of the Empire in 1811, then peer of France in 1815, inherited the Château and entrusted its management to his brother, Michel Lynch, Knight and Mayor of Pauillac. When Jean-Baptiste Lynch died in 1835, Château Lynch was divided into two properties: the Lynch-Moussas Castles (Moussas being located on the place called Moussas) and Lynch-Bages (located on the place called Bages) appearance.