Level up your recipe with some Camembert & Bayonne Ham!
Camembert & Bayonne Ham Toasted Rolls à la Francaise
Servings: 4 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 x Camembert de Normandie 250g
- 9 white toast bread slices with crusts removed
- 9 x Bayonne ham slices
- 150g pesto
- 250ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 x tbsp herbes de Provence or other similar dried herb blend
- 3 sundried tomatoes - diced
- 1 garlic clove- chopped
- salt & pepper
- Pre heat oven to 200°C
- Squash each bread slice with a rolling pin. Spread each slice with pesto, a slice of Bayonne then roll very tightly.
- Slice each roll equally into 4 pieces.
- Beat together eggs, milk, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper
- Line an oven tray with greaseproof paper and place the unwrapped Camembert in its wooden box. Thinly slice off top of cheese.
- Add chopped garlic and diced dried tomatoes to the camembert.
- Soak each bread roll in the egg mixture and distribute evenly around the Camembert. Bake for 20 minutes.