Oven baked goat's cheese recipe for festive platter
Impress your guests with this delicious and easy to pull together recipe.
By our Chef Gilles Papst (L'Atelier du Fromage)
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 slices of goat's cheese with rind (approx 50g each)
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Ground black pepper
- Sourdough loaf (available in store)
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- Green leaf salad or microgreens
- Walnuts, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Put the slices of goat’s cheese onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with a little olive oil and the thyme leaves and season with pepper.
- Put into oven for 10-12 minutes or until just starting to ooze.
- Meanwhile, toast the sourdough in slices in the oven for a few minutes and then rub with the cut side of the garlic.
- Bring the cheese out of the oven when ready and serve on the sourdough with the greens and walnuts.
This pairs beautifully with:
Charles Orban Champagne Blanc de Noirs Brut NV, Gold Medal Winner in the New Zealand International Wine Show 2018