En Primeur Terms & Conditions
Why buy "En Primeur"?
The opening En Primeur price is almost always considerably cheaper than the future price of the wine on the open market. En Primeur can also be the only way to secure wines that are available in very limited quantities (some properties produce as little as 200 cases a year).
What exactly do I pay?
The offer price of the wine is exclusive of duty, excise, GST, insurance, shipping and extra labelling charges. As rates are subject to change before delivery these costs are invoiced as a second payment just prior to arrival. We include an estimate of the second payment with the offer price.
When do I pay?
Payments are due on invoice. The 1st invoice is at the completion of the campaign (July/August 2018) and the 2nd invoice prior to delivery (mid 2020). We accept payments by credit card and cheque.
When do I receive my order?
The majority of the wines will be shipped in the European spring 2020 to arrive here winter 2020.
Here are the terms applying to all Bordeaux En Primeur 2017 sales and are the basis upon which orders are accepted.
- Orders are subject to availability and are not final until you receive confirmation by our office.
- Payments are due on invoice. 1st invoice July/August 2018. 2nd invoice mid 2020.
- Goods will be retained until after the 2nd payment is received.
- Any indication as to when wines will be available for delivery or collection is an estimate only and is not intended to be binding.
- You undertake to inspect all goods when collecting or immediately on delivery and to notify ourselves or the carrier forthwith of any shortage or damage or other deficiency.
- Our standard NZ delivery charges apply for orders outside Auckland and will be added to 2nd payment invoice.